Summer Outing with a Blissful Twist
On a recent, beautiful late-summer afternoon, a team-building IN OUTing morphed into a deliciously lovely surprise.
The event started with everyone dividing into two teams and going over a list of clues that would set us out on a scavenger hunt throughout our beloved North Loop neighborhood. From Spy House to Free House to Haus Salon… a “house” theme emerged.
Our teams finally converged at a rooftop patio adorned with flowers and décor for a surprise “Bridal Bash for Beth” (and our “groom” of a guest, Jared)! The gathering was complete with fun, games, prizes, and an appetizing array of savory eats — we never miss an opportunity to create a beautiful food spread and test trending flavor combos.
Cheers to sleuthINg and to Beth + Jared (September 2023)!
Street Corn & Chorizo Flatbread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime zest
- 2 ears of fresh corn
- ½ lb. chorizo sausage, cooked/crumbled
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 NAAN flatbreads
- Queso Blanco cheese
- Cilantro, fresh
- Make the sauce: Combine all of the sauce ingredients and then set aside.
- Grill the corn for 8-10 minutes, cool and cut corn from cobs
- Grill flatbreads for a minute per side
- Assemble flatbreads: Portion and spread sauce on each flatbread, top with grilled corn, chorizo and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Heat flatbreads on grill or in oven until cheese is melted
- Top with fresh cilantro and Queso Blanco crumbles