Herbed Mushroom & Cheese Fondue
Recipe from Donna Hay (donnahay.com)
- 8 thin slices baguette
- Olive oil for brushing
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, halved, for rubbing
- 2 TBSP butter
- 14 oz. pine mushrooms, halved (shitake, porcini, etc.)
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- ¼ cup sage leaves
- 10 oz. buffalo mozzarella, torn
- Heat a char-grill pan over high heat.
- Brush the bread with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Char-grill the bread for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Rub with the garlic and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Top with mozzarella and place under a preheated broiler for 2-3 minutes or until melted.
- Serve with the garlic toasts.
Note: The buffalo mozzarella will melt into delicious golden pools with its characteristic stringy texture. Dip the bread into the cheese. If you don’t have a char-grill pan, simply toast the bread and rub with the garlic.