August 4, 2011
With summer coming to an end, gourmet popcicles, flavored waters and specialty summer cocktails will come to an end, too. But we still have a month left to enjoy some unique summery cocktails before the seasons change. Restaurants offer their season specialties, and their go-to-drinks like margs and mojitos, which are always great to experience while sitting on the patio. Why not try experimenting by making some summery cocktails at home for a change?
Some of our favorites:
- Prosecco with a twist: Prosecco with a splash of strawberry lemonade garnished with fresh raspberries.
- Frozen margaritas: Start with frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, add tequila, triple sec and fresh squeezed lime. Add ice and blend.
- Dark and Stormy: Dark rum and ginger beer, garnished with a slice of lime.
- Traditional but not forgotten: Gin and tonic.
- Lola’s cucumber mojito
- Maza’s cucumber margarita