Toasted S’more Brownie Skillets
Yield: 8, 3½” skillets
- 1 cups graham crackers, crushed for crumbs
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted, first
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, second
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips or toffee bits
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided use
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 large marshmallows
- Pistachios, optional
- Chocolate Fudge Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of crumbs in each skillet and press into bottom of each skillet.
- In a large bowl over simmering water, melt butter, 4 ounces of chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate until smooth. Set aside and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until well combined. In a medium bowl, sift together 1/4 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt and add to the chocolate mixture, stirring until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips or toffee bits and 1 Tbsp. of flour and fold them into the chocolate mixture. Divide batter into eight 3 1/2 inch cast iron skillets and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, taking care not to overbake.
- Top with marshmallows and broil to desired brownness. Drizzle with hot fudge and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.