Curried Pea Soup with Toasted Coconut
Recipe from Cupful of Kale (cupfulofkale.com)
Makes 4 servings
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 cups frozen peas
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 tin / 400 ml full fat coconut milk
- 400 ml water
- 1 lime
- 2 green chilis
- A handful of fresh coriander
- A handful of coconut flakes
- 4 tbsp coconut milk/vegan cream
- Finely chop the onion and fry in a large saucepan with some oil. After a few minutes, add the crushed garlic and fry for a further couple of minutes until soft.
- Next add the peas, green curry paste, coconut milk and water (fill up the empty coconut milk tin with water and add).
- Bring this to a gentle simmer and leave for about 5 minutes until hot.
- Using a hand blender or food processor blitz until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper and add the juice of the lime. If you find that it is too spicy add some extra coconut milk.
- Serve and top with some fresh green chili, coriander, coconut flakes and a drizzle of coconut milk or vegan cream.
- The soup will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or you can freeze it.
Note: You may add more or less green curry paste depending on how spicy the one you are using is.