- 1 Tbs + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper, fresh, cracked
- 4 ramps, sliced or 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 large shallot, peeled, finely chopped
- 8 large morel mushrooms, halved, cleaned
- 1 Tbs butter, unsalted
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. chicken base
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
1. Over medium- low heat, add a teaspoon of olive oil and butter to sauté pan. Add the ramps, shallots and morels. Cook until shallots are soft and translucent about 8 minutes.
2. Deglaze the pan by adding the vinegar and white wine and stir. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the wine starts to reduce.
3. Add the cream and chicken base. Stir and simmer for 5-10 minutes, sauce should thicken slightly.
4. Add parsley and pepper to taste.
Serve with Cornmeal Crusted Walleye and Wild Rice Medley for a truly Minnesotan treat. Delicious with tilapia, halibut and chicken too!