Patios, roof tops and stadiums – Oh My!
Why does drinking a beer on a patio taste so much more crisp and refreshing than drinking one inside? Why is eating a taco on a street corner so satisfying? And why are hot dogs at a baseball game or around a camp fire so fantastic you find you find yourself asking, “Does it get any better than this?”
It’s all because of the experience. Food has a way of taking you back, but also drawing you into the moment. I know this to be true, especially for Minnesotans, but I think it’s universally appreciated – the pleasure of soaking up the warm sun, sipping a refreshing beverage and eating delicious, tasty bits is a combination that can’t be beat. Jumping up and spilling ketchup or beer or nacho cheese all down your shirt because your favorite player just hit a home run is all part of the experience that we desperately crave all winter long.
Congratulations, we’ve managed to somehow survive this brutal winter. Spring has sprung, it’s MLB opening day and I can hardly sit still to write this post. Glorious evenings on patio’s and weekend games at Target Field are finally just a few days away.
It doesn’t take much to get Minnesotan’s outside in the summer, but here are a few places that will have you coming back:
New Items at Target Field:
- Turkey Sandwiches from food truck: Turkey To Go
- Walk A Taco from St. Paul’s El Burrito Mercado
- Minneapple Pie from the Cottage Grill in Rogers
- 2 new Kramarczuk’s bratwurst dishes
- Farm Girl Saison from Lift Bridge Brewery in Stillwater
Patios & Roof Tops Worth Your While :
- Psycho Suzi’s patio is bigger & better
- Brit’s Pub roof top has both beer and games
- Stella’s Fish Cafe & Prestige Oyster Bar has one of the best views around
- The Bulldog’s patio may be small, the the menu makes up for it: Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting, Green Marvel Kobe Burger’s & Chili Cheese Dog’s – there is something for everyone. Not to mention an extensive, impressive beer selection
- Sweeney’s Saloon in St. Paul offers the ultimate neighborhood bar scene.
- W.A. Frost & Company’s grotto-style patio is perfect for sipping classy cocktails
- Lola’s Lakehouse is worth the drive to sit right out over the water on Lake Waconia