Leverage content marketing to drive B2B food sales
Content marketing is the technique of creating and distributing relevant, consistent content with the goal of attracting customers and driving profitable action. So what are the best ways to get started if you don’t have a plan in place?
1. Employ a range of tactics: An effective strategy requires a mix of different tactics that work together to support your message. A blog linked to your website can be an effective hub, with posts pushed out through social media channels. In fact, companies that blog 15 or more times per month get 5 times more traffic. Make sure your blog content is relevant to the audience, considering topics that hit on your customers’ pain points. Other top tactics are e-newsletters, website articles and case studies.
2. Leverage social media: LinkedIn is the #1 B2B content marketing tactic, and is ideal since it is a purely business-driven site. Here are a few other ways to leverage LinkedIn with your content marketing strategy:
- Create a LinkedIn company or channel page and optimize the content for the keywords you want associated with your brand.
- Leverage SlideShare to post presentations or PDFs to your LinkedIn page.
- Become a LinkedIn group thought leader in your category and share your blog posts and other relevant content.
3. Think long-term: It’s tempting to focus on tactics that drive immediate case sales, but investing in content marketing will pay bigger dividends over the long-haul by positioning your brand as a relevant, solution provider.
Have you implemented a content marketing plan? If so, we’d love to hear how it’s working for you or help with any challenges you’re facing. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.